Not too much of a change this new year, but I DO plan to try other products and styles as I attempt this “waist-length” growth challenge:) tehehe…
Over the holiday, I pondered on getting my hair dreaded – BUT before you get all “big-eyed”, it didn’t take long for me to snap out of that “what if” thought. And that’s all it was, “what if?” Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE dreads; especially the really long ones ♥ but I like my curly & straightened hair just a little bit more. And plus, i can wear a dreaded type of style any day by simply rocking the TWO STRANDS!
December 2012 marked my 3rd year of being a natural, and the main thing that I’ve learned, is that i must apply some type of leave-in conditioner for styling. This product has done me well, but i think i’m going to finally retire my handy-dandy Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner. boomp. I’ve tried a couple of new items, but what I love the most is Paul Mitchell’s Direct Leave-in Conditioner. It applies really well; better than the Cantu and keeps my hair just as moisturized throughout the week. For my detangler, i’ve fallen in love with Tresemme Naturals Conditioner. It gives an amazing slip when detangling and the smell :) Ooowwwee!
You should know by now that I simply, do not, and will not, use shampoo. Ever.
Back in November, around my birthday, I decided that i would do this growth challenge thing — to waist length! yep.
What will you do, Charli?
I’m so glad you asked!
Promoting healthy hair and growth begins with a healthy diet:
- Water, water, water! drinking lots of water helps in hair growth — water promotes healthy skin & nails too. but of course you already know this.
- Eating cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower – yummy raw veggies like those, helps. & i’m a veggie eater, so i’m looking forward to doubling my servings!
- As much as i’d LIKE color, i’ll continue to stay away from it. womp. no chemicals whatsoever – can’t touch this.
- No heat. i ALMOST got my hair straightened for the New Year, but i stayed strong — all for this challenge. i don’t plan to straighten until the month of May. if i fall short, i’ll use minimum heat.
- Consuming protein, protein, protein! —- eggs; chicken; omega 3’s; nuts/seeds
That’s pretty much it. Growing hair naturally is the plan. I won’t be consuming any supplements, like biotin, or anything like that; and I will wear high buns and big twist outs eliminating as much stress as possible.
Hope this helps! Happy growing curlies!