It’s definitely award’s season — and we know that to be true from this new Hollywood star who has graced magazine pages and covers, stunned us on the Golden Globes’ red carpet, and grabbed our complete attention in breakout film, 12 Years A Slave. That’s right, I’ve been completely swooning over Lupita Nyong’o. But you don’t understand.
Steve McQueen’s 12 Years A Slave that released in 2013 has earned Nyong’o international recognition and nominations for a Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guide, BAFTA and Oscar award. It appears that this beautifully rising Kenyan actress will be around for quite some time. But what do we not know about her?
- 12 Years a Slave is her first feature film credit. She previously appeared in a short called “East River” and played Ayira in the TV mini-series “Shuga.”
- She is the new darling of the fashion world. An early favorite among the fashion set, Nyong’o became one of the most-talked about style stars at the Golden Globes, turning heads in a Ralph Lauren gown.
- She already has her next role booked and shot. Nyong’o will appear in the upcoming action film “Non-Stop,” also starring Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Michelle Dockery.
- She has called a lot of places home. The 30-year-old actress was born in Mexico City, grew up in Kenya, and now lives in Brooklyn.
- She’s a Yale grad. Nyong’o graduated from Yale’s School of Drama in 2012, going on to film her celebrated role in “12 Years a Slave.”
- She is a Hollywood fan in her own right. The recent star made a point of finding the celebrities whom she admires at the Golden Globe Awards. Her “checklist” included Leonardo DiCaprio, Jessica Chastain, and Lena Dunham.
- She stars alongside Elle Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen, and Bella Heathcote as the new face of Miu Miu. Nyong’o rocks the designer label in the spring ad campaign.
[Source | The Huff Post]
See there? So much inspiration and motivation and all happening for her in 1 year. I must admit, I’m a fan and totally looking forward to seeing more from her. Go girl.