sweetgreen, the collection of much-loved, organic, seasonal kitchens with 27 locations along the East Coast (with LA to come in February!), has launched a new seasonal menu in all stores beginning today, October 7th. In addition to some new signature offerings, the new menu features three seasonal salads that will rotate throughout the year during the five growing seasons. Also on the menu is an expanded selection of grain bowls, incorporating quinoa + farro or organic wild rice, as well as seasonal soups and beverages.
Ever since opening its first location in 2007, sweetgreen has been dedicated to sourcing healthy, delicious, in-season ingredients that are sustainably produced and locally sourced. With the new menu, sweetgreen is able to further that commitment, enabling it not only to offer an even better array of seasonal salads to its guests but also to strengthen the company’s relationships with farmers.
“At sweetgreen, we are committed to changing the food system and being a positive force in our local communities,” said Michael Stebner, Director of Culinary Innovation at sweetgreen. “Eating seasonally, when fruits and vegetables are at their peak flavor and highest nutritional density, is the best and healthiest way to eat. With our new menu, we’re able to offer even more fruits and vegetables from our farmers to our guests, and continue to support the communities that define us.”
The debuting Seasonal Salads for Fall include:
- Apples, Pears + Organic Cheddar Salad with organic mesclun + shredded kale, local apples, local pears, basil, candied pecans, organic white cheddar and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Roasted Turkey + Fall Vegetables Salad with mesclun, roasted brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted turkey and cranberry vinaigrette.
- Curry Cauliflower + Quinoa Bowl with quinoa + farro, organic arugula, roasted curry cauliflower, cilantro, dried cranberries, roasted chicken, sriracha and cucumber tahini yogurt.
New Grains include:
- Wild Child (in place of the Misoba) with organic wild rice + organic baby spinach, cilantro, peppers, raw beets, shredded cabbage, carrots, raw seeds and avocado with a miso sesame ginger dressing
- Harvest Bowl with organic wild rice + shredded kale, apples, sweet potatoes, toasted almonds, local goat cheese, roasted chicken and balsamic vinaigrette.
Signature Salads, which include favorites such as the Kale Caesar, Spicy Sabzi, and Guacamole Greens, will now also feature some renewed classics:
- Hummus Tahina (in place of the Chic-P), with kale, romaine, sweetgreen’s new housemade hummus, cucumbers, pita chips, local feta and baked falafel with a cucumber tahini yogurt dressing.
- Rad Thai (in place of the Santorini), with organic arugula + mesclun, sprouts, shredded cabbage, spicy sunflowers seeds, cucumbers, basil, and citrus shrimp in a spicy cashew dressing.
- Avocobbo (in place of the District Cobb) which now incorporates local blue cheese in the dressing, as well as shredded kale + chopped romaine, tomatoes, raw corn, avocado, egg and roasted chicken.
sweetgreen prides itself on scratch cooking – made on location, not from a commissary – and the new menu will highlight even more housemade ingredients, such as its new hummus and blue cheese dressing. A chalkboard seasonal list in each store showcases the nearby farms and ingredients featured on the menu.
Next up for sweetgreen: the company will open two new NYC locations in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and NoLita this winter, along with its first West Coast locations in Los Angeles – West Hollywood and Santa Monica – in early 2015.