According to the groundhog yesterday, SPRING TIME is only 6 weeks away!
Dana Michel, founder of a fairly new dating site called Marriage Material, believes that in terms of straightening up and clearing out your physical space, we should be applying that same “SPRING CLEANING” principle to our love lives?
Tips on getting a head start on spring cleaning your love life:
- Clean up your Social Media | You should assume anyone interested in dating you will google your name. Therefore, revisit and update all of your social media ASAP! Make sure you don’t have a shrine to your Ex or inappropriate pictures of scantily clad women on Facebook.
- Get rid of the Randoms in your life | Don’t waste time with people who are not marriage material. It gets lonely over time; however, spending time with a person who you are too embarrassed to introduce to friends, family and colleagues is a complete waste of time.
- Dust off your list of Must- Haves, Nice to Haves and Deal Breakers | If you’re currently dating someone who’s breaking an important deal-breaker (and is unwilling to change), why are you still dating him? Make a fresh start with someone who’s in line with your most important values.
- Refresh your living space | Don’t underestimate the impact of your home environment on your thoughts and mood. Get rid of items that bring you down and add some items that lift you up. Start entertaining so that you can start creating a home instead of a house.
- Boost your self confidence | Head to the gym, get a new haircut, go blonde or grow a beard to get yourself out of an appearance rut. A simple lipstick can boost your confidence. Work on the inside and outside on a parallel path.
- Toss the baggage | Purge any fear, anxiety, or self-criticism — anything that’s holding you back. While you’re at it, lose any emotional baggage, as well. Pack up those suitcases full of guilt and regret so you can move forward, free and clear. Add some positive thoughts, such as, “I’m smart,” “I’m talented,” and “I’m oh-so-fabulous.” Relationships reflect aspects of ourselves. So by sorting out your thoughts and replacing the bad with the good, you’ll attract better relationships. Predatory people target people with low esteem.
- One day at a time | We all make big New Year’s resolutions and then feel guilty when we do not follow through. Instead, set small achievable goals for yourself and work on them one day at a time.
ABOUT DANA MICHEL:
Dana Michel, an Ivy League educated, single native New Yorker intends to change the dating landscape by offering marriage-minded singles, both straight and gay, a place to connect with others seeking a serious relationship. Michel states that the site implements a modern approach by ‘crowdsourcing’ love in much the same way as Facebook or Yelp. Her aim is to establish an online relationship community that reflects her life experience where people interact on a daily basis.
Michel’s “aha” moment occurred a year and a half ago when a friend told her that after a mere four dates, the guy she was seeing wanted to know if he was marriage material. He took their relationship seriously, and he didn’t want to waste his time if she felt differently. Boldly stated, Michel comments, “Why waste time? Men are very straightforward about what they are looking for. It’s seen as a positive; as being masculine. But when women do the same thing, they come across as shrews.” With over a decade of digital experience, Dana Michel has worked in the advertising industry on premium accounts such as Pepsi, Cover Girl, Pantene and Viacom. And to her credit, Ms. Michel has been featured in The Daily Mail, Entrepreneur and The NY Post among other outlets.
For more information please visit MarriageMaterial.co.