By your 20’s, you’re sure hip to the term “product junkie”, right? However, there are only so many “good” and “bad” products to choose from! Hey, if every beauty product was a good one, that would be a little too good to be true. So… while soul searching for the best products good enough for my overly sensitive, acne prone skin, I ran across this goodie:
Valentia’s Even Glow Vitamin C Serum
Valued at $35.00, I received this little gem about 2 weeks ago. Of course I didn’t waste any time — as I immediately began using if after cleansing my skin and before moisturizing it! Oh, and by little I do mean A LOT. Packaged nicely in a beautiful white and gold box, the serum comes with cute little dropper that makes a little go a long way. For me, all it takes is one full drop that I spread all across my scars (hence it’s mainly what I’m testing it on).
Just a FEW of the benefits include:
- Superior Ingredients: Organic Rosehip Oil, Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil, Green Tea Extract and Botanical Hyaluronic Acid. All ingredients chosen for their anti-aging properties and ability to enhance Vitamin C efficiency on your face and skin.
- Evens Skin Tone + Increases Glow & Radiance: Vanquish dark spots and revitalize your skin with this new generation Vitamin C serum along with essential fatty acids that leave skin smooth and visibly brighter. Smooth skin capable of reflecting light will give your skin a youthful glow and a brilliant shine for that well-rested and refreshed look.
- Luxurious, CITRUS Aroma + All Day Hydration: Experience the most addictive Vitamin C Serum on the market today. Non-Watery texture allows for greater coverage with less serum, deeply penetrating and reducing pores by locking in moisture.
- Reduces Wrinkles + Fine Lines: Special ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid and Organic Sea Buckthorn oil work to plump up the skin, reducing wrinkles leaving skin clearer and younger.
- Boosts Collagen Production: The presence of Organic Rosehip Oil and a foundation of 20% Vitamin C increases collagen production so your skin retains the elasticity responsible for a youthful appearance and prevents skin sagging associated with aging. Enjoy smooth and supple skin that takes years off your face!
While I haven’t seen DRASTIC changes in my face (over a 2 week period), I have seen improvement in the actual texture and glow in my appearance. I’ve realized that I don’t need to use as much concealer as I usually do as it’s made my foundation apply smoothly over my scars. That could be as a result of many factors (oils, vitamin c, hydration, etc.!)
In the end, I’m satisfied thus far. The good news is that I haven’t gotten ANY breakouts from using the serum as that’s some times a major downfall to any new product. However, should you run across a breakout, keep these tips in mind:
Vitamin C serums can sometimes spark a breakout when they are first used. This happens because the serum is drawing out toxins from your skin and often after repeated use, sometimes a few weeks, the skin adjusts to the new level of nutrients it is receiving daily and these blemishes (amongst others) disappear. If this is you, we suggest lowering the amount used until your skin has time to adjust.
Note: if this strategy is too much “tough love” for you, we understand
You may want to start off using a small amount daily and only in the evening. Be sure you are using a high quality cleanser before bed and in the morning as well. This will leave your pores cleaner and less likely to be clogged, reducing incidents of breakouts. Also, this helps the serum to absorb better into the skin.
**To purchase Valentia’s Even Glow Vitamin C Serum — visit amazon!