If you’re anything like me (and my host of fun friends) — then you know there’s nothing better than snacking during a movie or an over-the-edge TV series (can we say “gladiators”?) — but lately it’s been all about AWARDS SEASON and swooning over our favorite STARS! Pass the snacks, please?
This year, as I prepare for an evening to watch Hollywood’s A-LIST celebrities, a fashion showcase of the red carpet and see who wins what-what from an extended list of nominations, I’m including our colorful M&M friends (: M&M’S® is commemorating the biggest night in Hollywood by debuting a commercial on national TV that shows M&M’S characters invading the movies.
Say hello to my…
- MILK + CHOCOLATES | M&M’S Milk Chocolate: The classic M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies have been one of the most loved chocolate treats in the world since 1941. The bite-sized pieces of chocolate in a colorful candy shell are instantly recognizable all over the globe.
- PEANUTS | M&M’S® is passionate about quality peanuts – Only 1 in 100 peanuts is lucky enough to find its way into a bag of M&M’S® Peanut.
- CRISPIES | Back by popular demand, M&M’S® Crispy returned to shelves in January 2015. M&M’s Crispy feature a delectable, crispy center covered in rich, creamy milk chocolate, enclosed in a colorful candy shell. This crispy and delicious treat comes in a new, eye-catching, bright green bag.
M&M’s was so kind to send me my very own featured bags for tomorrow’s big show!
Our ever-so-clever friend RED also stops by to give a few Red Carpet Tips :)
C’mon, have some fun with it! Here are a few M&M’s recipes to prepare for your evening at THE OSCARS!
M&M Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1 C. milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. mini M&M’s
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
- Extra M&M’s to decorate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract. Stir in cake mix until smooth. Fold in M&M’s. Don’t over-mix because the coloring from the candies will dye the cake. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Peanut Butter Frosting: Beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar. The frosting will become chunky. With the mixer on low add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until the frosting becomes “fluffy” and smooth. Add more powdered sugar if needed or more milk. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes an top with extra candies.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Granola Bars
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup pretzels, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini M&Ms, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- pinch of vanilla powder (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together oats, Rice Krispies, pretzels, and mini M&Ms. Set aside. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt together butter, honey, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then let simmer on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until everything is well-combined and coated. Press mixture firmly and evenly into prepared pan, making sure to pack everything in nice and tight. Sprinkle on additional mini M&Ms and press down lightly to adhere. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
White Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- 1 – 2 bags Popcorn plain
- 1 pkg (24 oz.) Vanilla Bark or Candy Coating
- 1-2 cups M&Ms
Start by popping the popcorn. When it’s done pour it into a bowl and try not to get any of the yucky kernels in it. Break your candy coating into squares (it makes it melt better) and place in a pan on low heat. Stir until it is all melted. Pour candy coating over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is coated. Add M&Ms (however many you want) and spread out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for a bit but take out ½ hour before you eat it so it’s not so hard. ENJOY!
Monster Cookie Oatmeal Creme Pies
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy would also work)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the sugar and beat mix until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Mix together the oats, flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the M&Ms. Bake 1/4 cup scoops on non-greased baking sheets for about 14 minutes or until they look done. Allow to cool before filling.
Creme Filling: Bring a shallow pot of water to a boil. Place all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl that can rest in the boiling pot without its bottom touching the boiling water. Beat the ingredients until the bottom of the bowl is too hot to touch. Remove the bowl and beat with the whisk attachment on your stand mixer for about 10 minutes or until fluffy and pretty stiff. You can also use a handheld mixer, but it will take longer. Use filling to sandwich together the cookies.
[This post was sponsored by M&M’S.]
Find M&Ms on SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook || www.facebook.com/mms
- Twitter || www.twitter.com/mmschocolate
- Instagram || www.instagram.com/mmschocolate
**What are some of your Awards Show snack traditions? Be sure to share your favorite awards show tips, snacks and traditions, using M&M’S — tag me on twitter + instagram @pslovecharli with hashtag #MMsOscars